Nov 9, 2010


Mylie came home from her Dad's house this weekend. She had a great time but started complaining as soon as she got home that her throat was hurting her. I love taking care of her and making her feel better but I hate when she is sick. Honestly I feel so helpless. I did everything in my power to make her feel better. A nice hot bath, blew dry her hair, gave her tylenol, made a hot lemon and honey drink, started her humidifier and held her for a long time. :( It didn't work. She woke up in the middle of the night with a high fever of 102+ and even with Tylenol it kept coming back. She slept in my bed so I could check on her. This morning she threw up twice, right after I gave her medicine. Poor thing. I try and keep my house clean to try and prevent illnesses, especially during the fall/winter season but since she has several things going on during the week with other kids and activities it's bound to happen. So, I got up, cleaned the entire house. I mean I scrubbed every inch of my house with clorox and lysol, did the laundry, and cleaned all of our bedding I am hoping and praying I don't get what she has. She is going to the Doctor today to get a swab of her throat to make sure it isn't strep.

On a positive note: I am 27 weeks and growing. Baby Lucy is kicking and moving around a lot. I love her so much and can't wait to see her. :)