Nov 4, 2010






Halloween was a blast. On Saturday we spent some time with our good friends The Ericksons. They brought Noah and Nate to join Mylie in our church's annual trunk or treat. Mylie had such a good time with Noah. Little Nate seemed to enjoy himself after he ate. :) That's a boy for you. Every trunk was decorated differently and some were actually pretty scary. On one occasion Mylie had a choice of crawling down a scary trailer and grabbing the candy from the scary guy or picking the candy out of the bucket his wife was carrying. She choose the scarier route!! What a brave little 4 year old. I was even a little scared. On Sunday, we asked James (Mylie's bio father) to join Matt and I in trick or treating around our neighborhood. He was able to watch me beautify Mylie and go with us. I think it is still important to put Mylie's wants and desires first, above any feelings I might have about the situation. She LOVED having her TWO dads with her. They each had a role at a different house. One had to hold her bucket while the other had to carry her. It was very sweet to see how much she loves both of them. I on the other hand waddled around with a bad backache. I sucked it up though and watched my daughter score big time. We don't have many kids in our neighborhood but most houses were decorated and ready anyways. Mylie got handfuls at each house. We also got to meet a lot of new people. At the end of the night we were all pooped. So we went home, said goodbye to James and Matt made a fire. Mylie went to bed soon after and Matt and I got to cuddle next to the fireplace. It was a great Halloween..... Thanksgiving here we come!!!

No comments: