Jan 28, 2009


Mylie and I were itching to get out of our two bed two bath apartment. Cabin Fever anyone? We usually attain this disease if we are in our home longer than 8 hours. Destination: Dobson Park. A usual for Mylie and I. A little adventure, always an adventure at Dobson Park. A story if I may....

Flashback to about 3 months ago.. My mom was taking Mylie to the park so I could get some work done at home. She had had enough of being in the house that day and was making it VERY clear by throwing herself down, crying, you know.. pretty equivalent to what most adults do when waiting at the DMV for hours on end. :) My mother rescued me at about 3pm."Bread!" I yelled as my mom walked out the door. "Here is some bread to feed the ducks and of course the geese". "Okay, thanks" my mom replied. So I diligently worked free of any other responsibilities. (Thanks again Mom)
A knock knock at the door at about 5pm. I greeted Mylie with a big hug. "How was the Park?" I asked, knowing they had a great time together. Mylie burst into what I thought at first was just toddler gibberish but then it became suddenly clear as to what she was saying. "THE GEESE WILL BITE YOU!!! NAUGHTY GEESE!!" "What?" I asked. My mom started laughing. She told me that they were sitting at their usual place by the lake to feed the ducks when a huge flock of geese came up to them and started attacking them. Yes, attack. One of them hissed and bit my mom in the foot while the other did the same and bit Mylie in the leg. My mom then took the leftover bread bag with bread still in it and swung it and it the goose in the head. She told Mylie to RUN! MYLIE! RUN! I guess it was a total Forest Gump moment.

So now, randomly, no matter the time or place, Mylie will repeatedly say "THE GEESE WILL BITE YOU, NAUGHTY GEESE!".

Forward to yesterday. No Geese, luckily but a cold night filled with giggles and love.

2 comments:

Claudia Luckey said...

hahah i remember that.. that's funny

Rachel Erin Risberg said...

mom told me about that day. those geese will get you...