Sassy.... that name suited her well. Sassy became our family cat back in 1999 when I lived with my mom and my two Sisters Mindy and Rachel. My mom brought her home as a kitten one night and everyone fell in love with her instantly, everyone except me. I wasn't a cat person, I didn't dislike cats, but I wasn't crazy about them. So as my sisters chased her around the house yearning for her attention I pretty much ignored her, going about my daily activities. About a couple months later I noticed that every time I went to use the restroom she would follow me and scratch by the door to let her in. I did. She would just lay there with me ( I think it was to get away from the endless kisses and hugs from my two sisters that adored her.) She needed a breather like everyone else. I then started to notice that every time I decided to go to bed or take a nap, she was on my bed... waiting for me. And as the days past I could simply say night night and she would come running to be with me while I slept. And she would lay on my belly until I fell asleep. I pet her ears(her favorite) and as I started to fall asleep she would gently lick my chin to remind me she wasn't done with her nightly massage. After a couple of years I moved out and she didn't go with me. She stayed with my mom and the girls, but every time I came over she would run to me and lay on me. I took Sassy back about 3 years ago and she has been my little friend and companion ever since. Every night she slept with me, she would cuddle with me while I watched TV and she would talk to me. Yes talk.... of course it was a meow but when I called her name she would meow over and over. She would lay on Mylie's tummy while I sang Mylie to bed. That was her favorite. I love her! I never thought I would become so attached to an animal let alone a cat.. but I did, I fell head over heels in love. She was there when I cried, laughed, slept, was lazy, or just hanging out. She was the best cat ever. Sadly Sassy lost her battle to Cancer June 23rd this year. I had to put her down. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But before she went she laid on my lap while they gave her a sedative and I pet her and sang to her and prayed for her for a good twenty minutes. The vet asked me if I wanted to be in the room with her while they put her to sleep and I said yes. I wanted her to know I was with her the whole time. I laid with her for a long while after her little soul went to heaven (YES, I believe there is a heaven for all animals). The vet was so gracious, hugging me while I wept. I cry now writing this. I am glad she is no longer suffering , But I miss her dearly and will cherish every moment I got to spend with her. I love you Sassy!!!!
Jul 8, 2009
Sassy.... that name suited her well. Sassy became our family cat back in 1999 when I lived with my mom and my two Sisters Mindy and Rachel. My mom brought her home as a kitten one night and everyone fell in love with her instantly, everyone except me. I wasn't a cat person, I didn't dislike cats, but I wasn't crazy about them. So as my sisters chased her around the house yearning for her attention I pretty much ignored her, going about my daily activities. About a couple months later I noticed that every time I went to use the restroom she would follow me and scratch by the door to let her in. I did. She would just lay there with me ( I think it was to get away from the endless kisses and hugs from my two sisters that adored her.) She needed a breather like everyone else. I then started to notice that every time I decided to go to bed or take a nap, she was on my bed... waiting for me. And as the days past I could simply say night night and she would come running to be with me while I slept. And she would lay on my belly until I fell asleep. I pet her ears(her favorite) and as I started to fall asleep she would gently lick my chin to remind me she wasn't done with her nightly massage. After a couple of years I moved out and she didn't go with me. She stayed with my mom and the girls, but every time I came over she would run to me and lay on me. I took Sassy back about 3 years ago and she has been my little friend and companion ever since. Every night she slept with me, she would cuddle with me while I watched TV and she would talk to me. Yes talk.... of course it was a meow but when I called her name she would meow over and over. She would lay on Mylie's tummy while I sang Mylie to bed. That was her favorite. I love her! I never thought I would become so attached to an animal let alone a cat.. but I did, I fell head over heels in love. She was there when I cried, laughed, slept, was lazy, or just hanging out. She was the best cat ever. Sadly Sassy lost her battle to Cancer June 23rd this year. I had to put her down. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But before she went she laid on my lap while they gave her a sedative and I pet her and sang to her and prayed for her for a good twenty minutes. The vet asked me if I wanted to be in the room with her while they put her to sleep and I said yes. I wanted her to know I was with her the whole time. I laid with her for a long while after her little soul went to heaven (YES, I believe there is a heaven for all animals). The vet was so gracious, hugging me while I wept. I cry now writing this. I am glad she is no longer suffering , But I miss her dearly and will cherish every moment I got to spend with her. I love you Sassy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment